What Is Tank Mounted Screw Air Compressor
A tank-mounted screw air compressor is a type of air compressor that incorporates a storage tank or receiver directly onto the compressor unit. It combines the benefits of a screw compressor with the convenience of having an integrated air storage solution.
The screw air compressor itself consists of two interlocking rotors, usually known as screws or rotors, that compress the incoming air. As the rotors rotate, they reduce the volume of the air, resulting in an increase in pressure. This compressed air is then stored in the attached tank for later use.
The tank plays a crucial role in a tank-mounted screw air compressor system. It serves as a reservoir for compressed air, allowing the compressor to operate more efficiently. When demand for compressed air is low, the compressor continues to run, filling the tank until it reaches a predetermined pressure level. Once the desired pressure is achieved, the compressor stops running, and the compressed air is stored in the tank until it is needed.
When the demand for compressed air increases, the air is drawn from the tank rather than directly from the compressor. This provides a steady supply of compressed air and reduces the workload on the compressor unit, as it doesn’t have to constantly run to meet the fluctuating demand.
The integration of the tank into the compressor unit offers several advantages. First, it provides a space-saving solution as the tank is mounted directly on the compressor, minimizing the footprint required for installation. Second, the tank helps to stabilize the compressed air supply, reducing pressure fluctuations and ensuring a more consistent flow of air. Additionally, the tank allows for a more efficient operation of the compressor, as it can run in cycles, resulting in energy savings and prolonged compressor life.
Tank-mounted screw air compressors are commonly used in various industrial applications where a reliable and continuous supply of compressed air is required. They are suitable for powering pneumatic tools, operating machinery, inflating tires, and numerous other air-dependent processes.
By combining the benefits of screw compression technology with an integrated storage tank, tank-mounted screw air compressors offer a practical and efficient solution for compressed air needs in various industries.
Benefits and Advantages of Tank-Mounted Screw Air Compressor
Tank-mounted screw air compressors offer several benefits and advantages that make them a popular choice in many industrial applications. Here are some key advantages:
1. Continuous and Stable Air Supply: The integration of a storage tank ensures a steady supply of compressed air, even when the demand fluctuates. The tank allows the compressor to operate in cycles, filling up when demand is low and providing a consistent flow of compressed air when demand increases. This helps to stabilize pressure fluctuations and ensures a reliable air supply.
2. Energy Efficiency: Tank-mounted screw air compressors can operate more efficiently by running in cycles. When the tank reaches the desired pressure, the compressor stops running, saving energy. The compressor only starts again when the pressure drops below a certain level. This on/off cycling reduces energy consumption and lowers operating costs compared to compressors that run continuously.
3. Space Saving: The tank-mounted design of these compressors saves valuable floor space. The storage tank is integrated into the compressor unit, reducing the overall footprint required for installation. This is particularly advantageous in environments where space is limited.
4. Increased Compressor Life: By using a tank-mounted screw air compressor, the workload on the compressor unit is reduced. The compressor doesn’t have to continuously run at full capacity, as the tank provides a reserve of compressed air. This results in less wear and tear on the compressor components, extending the overall lifespan of the equipment.
5. Versatility: Tank-mounted screw air compressors are highly versatile and can be used in various applications. They are suitable for powering pneumatic tools, operating machinery, inflating tires, supplying compressed air to manufacturing processes, and more. Their flexibility makes them an excellent choice for industries with diverse compressed air needs.
6. Easy Installation and Maintenance: Tank-mounted screw air compressors are typically designed for easy installation. The tank and compressor are integrated into a single unit, simplifying the setup process. Additionally, maintenance tasks, such as filter changes and oil checks, are generally straightforward, ensuring the equipment remains in optimal working condition.
7. Reduced Noise and Vibration: The tank-mounted design helps to dampen noise and vibrations produced by the compressor. The tank acts as a buffer, reducing the overall noise level and providing a quieter working environment. These benefits make tank-mounted screw air compressors a reliable and efficient solution for various industries that require a continuous supply of compressed air. Whether it’s for small workshops or large industrial facilities, these compressors offer convenience, energy savings, and reliable performance.
Ingersoll Rand Tank Mounted Screw Air Compressor
Ingersoll Rand, a well-known manufacturer of compressed air systems, offers a range of tank-mounted screw air compressors that cater to different industrial needs. Here are a few models commonly offered by Ingersoll Rand:
1. UP6 Series: The UP6 series comprises tank-mounted screw air compressors known for their efficiency and reliability. These compressors feature innovative rotary screw technology that provides consistent and high-quality compressed air. They come with integrated air receivers, allowing for efficient air storage and reduced pressure fluctuations. Models in this series include the UP6-5TAS-125, UP6-7.5TAS-150, and UP6-10TAS-150. Ingersoll rand up6 15c 125.
2. R-Series: The R-Series tank-mounted screw air compressors are designed for heavy-duty industrial applications. They offer reliable performance, energy efficiency, and advanced controls for optimal operation. The R-Series compressors come with integrated air receivers and a variety of features such as the Xe-Series controller, which provides enhanced monitoring and control capabilities. Models in this series include the RS11i, RS15i, and RS30i.
3. Sierra Series: The Sierra Series comprises tank-mounted screw air compressors that are designed for small and medium-sized applications. These compressors offer a compact footprint, making them suitable for installations with limited space. The Sierra Series models, such as the Sierra 7/41 and Sierra 11/55, provide efficient compressed air solutions for workshops, automotive repair centers, and light industrial environments.
4. RS30 and RS37: These tank-mounted screw air compressors from Ingersoll Rand are part of the Next Generation R-Series line. They are engineered for optimal efficiency, durability, and ease of maintenance. These compressors feature a small footprint and come with an integrated air receiver. The RS30 and RS37 models are designed to deliver reliable and continuous compressed air supply for industrial applications.
These are just a few examples of tank-mounted screw air compressors offered by Ingersoll Rand. The specific models available may vary over time, and it is recommended to refer to Ingersoll Rand’s official website or contact their authorized distributors for the most up-to-date information on their product offerings.
Buy Ingersoll Rand Tank Mounted Air Compressor Directly from China Factory
Yscompressor is a first-level agent of Ingersoll rand. We export air compressors directly from Ingersoll Rand’s Chinese factory. You can contact us to get a quotation for Ingersoll Rand’s full range of air compressors. We can save you at least 10%-30% on purchase costs.